Old December 18th, 2003, 04:18 PM
john

Default U.S. Urges Citizens to Leave Saudi Arabia

On 18 Dec 2003 05:51:17 -0800, (me) wrote:

Meghan Powers wrote in message ...
This marks the beginning of the end of a US presence in Saudi Arabia.
Now that most or all of the US military presence has quietly
evaporated, so to will any lingering US civillian presence.

The continuing US military presence on Saudi soil after the end of the
gulf war in 1991 was the main, or only, reason given by Osama Bin
Laden for the 9-11 attacks. Looks like Osama got what he wanted after
all...

[snip]

It was symbolic of the larger issue, but the larger issue is what he
"wants". He considers the Saudi ruling famility illegitimate and
wants all of the arab states ruled by a theocratic government modeled
upon his view of Islam. He considers "the west" to be a corrupting
influence and empowering the illegitimate rulers. Truth is, as long
as we are a supporter of Isreal to any degree, we'll make a convient
whipping boy for him.

What going to be a big scandal is the very close chuminess of the Bush
family and the Saudis.

The Bush administration, within two days, of 9/11 arranged for many
Saudis AND Bin Laden relatives to leave the country. This was a time
when al flights were cancelled. Even the FBI assisted them in leaving.

Considering the 9/11 attackers were Saudis one would think these
people would be detained for questioning.