Old February 17th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Steve Lackey

Default JFK Airtrain: Good News, Bad News, Good News and Bad News

"Joe Versaggi" wrote in message
Sancho Panza wrote:

They charge those who come in by mass transit a parking fee.

If they did include the parking fee, the charge would be $10, not $5. As

it
stands, the reverse has been the fact for more than 20 years.

They do charge $10 - for the roundtrip. Presumably, one who takes
Airtrain to JFK takes it returning as well. For a ride of 2 or 3 miles
each way to Jamaica, that is excessive, particularly for a manless
operation. It's really a rip-off for Howard Beach. Still better off
taking the Q10 from Kew Gardens however slow.

Unless you value your time. If I've just spent $800 to fly 14 hours to
Asia for instance, an extra $5 to skip a local city bus is no big deal.
Really, this is such a small part of your overall trip cost, I'd rather just
pack sandwiches and skip the airport food court than skimp a net
$3 on ground transportation to get there.

If you work there, it's a whole different story, since you'd multiply the
above by 20. Isn't that really what the whole argument about $5 is
about? For that, I'd expect employee shuttles from rail stations.
Is there any?