Old September 30th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Padraig Breathnach

"John Owens" wrote:

Not Cities but:

Villefanche de Conflent
Interesting in that the garrison/fort is several hundred steps above it at a
place called Fort Liberia.

Mont Louis
I think it claims to be the highest walled settlement in France. Its a lot
smaller than Villefranche The French paras have a base there.

(Also at Mount Louis there is a solar furnace and nearby skiing/lakes.)

The Petit Train Jaune (little yellow train) links Villefranche and Mount
Louis.

Your mention of a petit train triggers me to think of Entrevaux, also
served by a narrow-gauge railway (Le Petit Train des Dignes).

I also nominate Dubrovnik and Korcula, both in Croatia.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED