Old January 19th, 2013, 03:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dick G in Cherry Hill, NJ

Default If you are bored....

On Jan 19, 6:51*am, "Dick G in Cherry Hill, NJ"
wrote:
A gentleman named Steve turned me on to a series of websites which
show webcams for Port Everglades, Miami, and Canaveral.

They are fascinating, especially Everglades, which actually services
Fort Lauderdale. *It is unbelievable that on both Saturday and Sunday
the port moves about 14 ships which means around 50,000 passengers a
day when you consider that Allure and Oasis of the Seas carry over
6,000 each, both in and out.

If anyone cares, QE2 will be making a call tomorrow and Queen Victoria
on Monday. *FWIW, the website is:

www.portevergladeswebcam.com

A word of warning....there is ambient sound and because the cameras
shoot the ships as they leave, watch out for the ships saluting the
port as they depart.

DG

One more thing. I forgot to add that there are also 7 ships today in
Miami, and to compound the issue it is pouring rain.

DG