Old July 13th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Eupe-mbwa

Default Mandazi recipe

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:09:12 +0100, Pat Anderson
wrote:

In message , Not
the Karl Orff writes
In article ,
(Eupe-mbwa (Wh1t3d0g)) wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:42:14 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

I had Mandazis in Zanzibar which I have not been able to replicate. It

Trying it right now. Will bake then fry some, fry others.

The texture was more like a bread roll than a donut. The ones I've made
have more of the puffy texture of chinese "donuts" (deep fried breakfast
bread sticks)

Karl,
Keep up the good work!
If you are in the US, tell me, who are these webtv people? They seem
like people with nothing to say, certainly wouldn`t know a mandazi if it
bit them!

Yep, please let us know how they tasted, I'm tempted to have a go
myself and if they're still not authentic I'll ask the chef to show me
how to make them in Sept or October when we're back in Zan and report
back!

--
Eupe mbwa.
Kufa kikondoo, ndiko kufa kiungwana.