Old July 11th, 2006, 05:43 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_1_]

Default Feedback on West coast trip route

Danny, there are ALL kinds of things to do there, so before we answer:
what are your interests ?
Nature , Scenery ? Peace and quiet ? Race car driving ? Hiking ?
Shopping ? Being around people ? etc

"Danny Liberty" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok so from what most people here have to say I understand I should add
another stop between the drive from LA to SF (in addition to Carmel).
Where would you recommend that stop be?
Btw, I forgot to mention we'll be returning the car in SF, I
understand
there's no need for it there...

Thanks,

Danny

Mimi wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Driving from Santa Barbara to Carmel
will take all day not including stops

Are you sure about that? According to Google Maps, the drive is 250
miles and they estimate 4-1/2 hours.

What route is that? Does it include time on the slower Coast Highway?
One
really should drive at least part of the route along the coast,
especially
around Big Sur. It's one of the most scenic highways in the country.

To the OP, I agree with the others. You will want to spend more time
and
another night on the drive from LA to Carmel. Also there are several
things
to do around Monterey/Carmel in addition to the 17-mile drive. Like
visit
the Carmel Mission and go to the Monterey Acquarium. And do you like
golf?
The 17-mile drive goes through/by Pebble Beach.

Can you reserve ahead of time for Hearst Castle?

Marianne