Old April 10th, 2015, 02:30 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.travel.europe,soc.history.medieval
Erilar

Default back from the brink

Lewis wrote:
In message
On 2015-04-09, Lewis wrote:

I love how s/he/it blame Yosemite for s/he/it's ****up.

A bad workman always blames his tools.

It's remarkable how defensive the iCrowd gets about catastrophes.

Catastrophes caused by idiocy that are blamed on the computer, yes.

I've lost things and it's awful.

So have I. I once erased many TB of data with amispalced space in a
backup script. While transfering another chunk of TB of data from a
failing drive to a backup, both drives went tits up. It's not fun.

Since I'm a computer engineer, I have the knowledge to indulge my
obsession with backups. For (computer) laymen, the loss of data varies
from a PITA to life-changing crisis.

Right, but with proper backups you should never lose much data at all.

In this case there is a backup, but E-wassit seems to not want to talk
about why s/he/it is not using it and also claims it doesn't contain any
data, only apps. Which is absurd.

I've explained it. And Erilar is an Old Norse use-name.

--
biblioholic medievalist