Old April 10th, 2015, 01:45 PM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.travel.europe,soc.history.medieval
Ed Cryer

Default back from the brink

On 2015-04-09, Erilar wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:

The point is someone (you or your "more capable" helper) caused your
data to be erased from the iPad by answering "yes" to the question "This
will delete all data from your iPad. Are you sure?" It's not something
that just happens on its own.

I think the question was something about authenticating the new computer.

It said:

The iPhone/iPad "Whatever" is synced with another iTunes library. Do
you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?

An iPhone can be synced with only one iTunes library at a time. Erasing
and syncing replaces the contents of this iPhone with the contents of
this iTunes library."

You or your helper clicked "Erase".

Apparently I did it without realizing it. The tech who did the computer
transfer didn't have the iPad itself.

You remind me of my sister. She'll never own up and take responsibility.
I don't know what she's afraid of; probably just being considered
incompetent. One thing I do know, though, is that when she does take the
blame on herself everything opens up between us; as opposed to when
she's beating about the bush like a silly, irresponsible little girl,
when my attitude toward her hardens because she's become untrustworthy.

Ed