Old February 5th, 2004, 04:15 PM
XOR

Default Songkran and Chiang Mai

Ingo Schablitzki wrote in message ...
Miguel Cruz schrieb:
Joel Smith wrote:

first let me tell you that it is NOT a good idea to be in CM during
Songran....it is hot and the streets are wild and crazy with people of all
ages dousing you with river water, ice water for 4 to 5 days. You have to
go around the city to avoid them. UNfortunately the foreigners are much
worse than the locals and are to be avoided...they seem to get posessed
and show no mercy.

Sounds like fun to me. When is it this year BTW?

miguel

Hey Miguel !
Date : 14 april and the days wich follow - till the water is empty ;o)

Ingo

All the expats I know try to get out of Thailand, or at least get out
of the cities, during Songkran. It's also potentially dangerous -
spraying water from a high powered water gun in the face of a
motorcyclist is the cause of many a fatal traffic accident during
Songkran. Fatal accidents skyrocket during Songkran.

I suppose for a tourist, once might be fun