Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:15 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc
Peter[_11_]

Default matador gored

"abelard" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 May 2010 17:17:14 -0700 (PDT), Twibil
wrote:

On May 22, 4:19 pm, Robert Coe wrote:

Bah. The only horrific aspect to any of this is that bullfighting is
allowed
in any allegedly civilized country. I feel, I guess, some sympathy for
the
matador's family, but the matador himself got no more than he richly
deserved.

Gee, I hate to imagine what you think the slaughter-house employee -
who kills several hundred animals every day- "richly deserves".

(Notes for PETA members and other easily-outraged souls: 1.) The bulls
killed in bullfights are butchered and the meat is generally given to
charitable organizations such as orphanages; places that would seldom
see any meat at all otherwise. 2.) Let's say you're a bull, shall we?
Would you like a chance to take one of those funny-looking guys in the
tight suits along with you when you go, or would you prefer to be hit
between the eyes with a sledge hammer or electrocuted without warning?)

you get a longer life as fighting bull and you may
get reprieved and put out to stud if you do unusually well!

Reminds me of the story about a restaurant across from the bull ring.
The specialty on the menu is, bull's balls.
When a patron complained that his portion was unusually small the waiter
replied."el toro no siempre pierden."

--
Peter