Old May 21st, 2004, 01:08 PM
NoNameAtAll

Default need help athens,greece airport hotel

I know exactly what you're talking about. The only hotel anywhere near the
Athens airport is the Sofitel, which is horribly overpriced. However, there are
no other options if you want to avoid commuting to the airport early in the
morning.

My wife and I stayed at our hotel on the Plaka and then took the bus to the
airport (the number 95 bus) that stops at the National Garden just south of
Syntagma Square. We had to get on the bus very early in the morning to catch
our 6:00 flight, but we were not alone. I couldn't believe how many people were
doing the same thing. It's rough, but it saves a lot of money. If you stayed at
the airport hotel you would really only get about an hour more sleep, so it's
not that big of a deal if you think about it.

I used various hotel booking site but could only find one very close
and it was very expensive-$250+.We have a 6am flight and am not sure
about staying in city and getting a cab at 2-3am...Anyone very
familar with greece and what our best option would be.Also what is
you favorite booking site for hotels-international--easy to use
organizes by price location stars etc//Thanks so much nan