Old May 21st, 2004, 03:09 PM
Ronald Hands

Default need help athens,greece airport hotel

nan wrote:
I used various hotel booking site but could only find one very close
and it was very expensive-$250+.We have a 6am flight and am not sure
about staying in city and getting a cab at 2-3am..

We took a cab recently at 5 a.m. to the airport from a hotel
located between Athens and Piraeus. It was arranged by the travel
agency, (airport transfers were included as part of our tour
package), but I imagine any hotel could also call a radio cab for
you. There seemed to be lots of cabs on the road at 5 a.m. and it
was actually one of the few pleasant times to be driving in
Athens. Very little traffic.

-- Ron