Old September 25th, 2006, 04:25 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Bill[_3_]

Default Kenya animal migration

wrote:

I didn't make my Safari trip in Kenya 4 days prior to departure. Safari
operator cancelled the trip because other people in the shared package
called off. ...
The worst thing is I might have risk to get 100% refund. Need some
help/advise how I could get my $$ back (US$2000+).

In their reply they said "send us the banking details so that we can
make a refund" so *hopefully* you'll get your money back. I would
certainly expect a 100% return of my deposit if the safari company
cancelled, though you are probably out of luck for the transfer fees
etc.

You might log on to www.fodors.com and select the Africa forum and ask
there about ways of recouping your deposit if Wildwatch lets you down.
There are several people on the forum who travel to Kenya often and
also several travel agents who would know which Kenyan authorities to
contact if you need to be more aggressive in trying to get a refund.

Sorry things worked out so poorly for you!

Bill