Old September 17th, 2009, 08:53 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Sarah Adams

Default Accommodations and Transportation Advice

On Sep 17, 2:02*am, thenotebook
wrote:
We are planning our first trip to New Zealand Feb 19 - Apr 9. We arrive
in Aukland and plan to visit both islands. We're starting to explore
accommodation and transportation options. We've tossed around the idea
of renting an apartment in Aukland, which seems to be reasonble. But,
of course, has the downfall of tied to one location. Also wondering if
we should rent a car. Campervan. Buy a car. Or use the bus. We're
looking for the right balance of economical and flexible. Is the bus
service sufficient and flexible enough? We like the idea of not driving
since we drive on the other side of the road. Is it economial and
feasible to search for accommodation as you travel from place to place?
Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

--
thenotebook

'Vietnam vacation, Vietnam tour'
(http://www.waytovietnam.com/tour.asp)|'Mekong Cruise, Mekong Tour,
Tour Mekong, Mekong River Cruise' (http://www.waytomekong.com)|'Mui Ne
Resort - Mui Ne Beach' (http://www.waytomuine.com)

Campervan!!!
A lot of people don't know this, but there are amazing deals on
campervans, especially in the south island.
If you go to the right place, you can rent a campervan from
Christchurch to Auckland for 1 NZD.
People have driven these campervans down to christchurch from
auckland, and the company has no way of getting them back. so they
basically employ you to take the campervans back to them.
also, i think driving is the best way to see NZ. For me, the real NZ
isn't the cities, it's the country and the nature. Travelling by road
you can see the most.
Hope i've helped!