Old September 5th, 2006, 07:45 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Ken Pisichko

Default Overland Travel - Alice Springs - Ayers Rock

Fred wrote:

"Globetrotter" wrote in message
u...
Am researching travel overland between Alice and Uluru. While searching
for info can anybody offer opinions as to car hire or travelling by bus.
I have ruled out air travel as its a bit expensive and you miss all the
scenery as well. We are travelling to Darwin on the Gahn and wish to break
our journey in Alice Springs before heading off to Katherine and Darwin

Scenery?

After bicycling between Cairns and Darwin I can only say that outback australia
has LOTS of scenery. Fred, you just need to open your eyes and look at it - it
varies by the kilometer - the road changes. The soil changes. The...

Just open your eyes Fred. Oh, and by the way, have you actually travelled there?
If so, have you been sober while doing that travel? Just wondering as i am not
trying to offend you or any one else who has a negative view of what they think
"outback australia' should look like.

It is exactly what it is - NOTHING less.

Ken
Canada