Old December 15th, 2007, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.italian,soc.culture.europe
Markku Grönroos

Default Siena

"TMOliver" kirjoitti
. ..

"Brian" wrote...
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:55:40 +0000, Mike......
wrote:

Following up to wrote:

First posted, probably in 1989, under the
Subject: Siena: Hotel Arcobaleno -- CAVEAT!!!

probably different ownership after nearly 20 years.

I had a problem with the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco in 1985
but somehow it never occurred to me to post about it now.

Back in 1964, I felt that the pillows at the "Golden Boot" hotel in Siena
were not up to my (then very modest) standards. I complained. I returned
several times over several decades to find the pillows upgraded, the rates
still modest, but by 2004, my expectations of hotels (and threshold of
pain in face of room rates) had changed, so I didn't stay there....

..... but gave them the boot.