Old January 31st, 2009, 07:57 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Lord Truscott of Brownenvelope

Default Number of traffic fatalities in Belgium dropped spectacularlylast year

On Jan 31, 12:50*am, Mike Lane wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 19:24:48 +0000, Lord Taylor of Blackburn wrote
(in article
):

indeed, driving is not their strong point, and they still persist with
priority to the right ********.....just paint a white line on the
road !

Could you explain that for the benefit of ignoramuses please?

When I started driving in France a few years ago I was petrified of the
"priorité a droit". This, as I discovered has been largely abandoned in
France, and when it's in force it is clearly signed. What is the situation in
Belgium?

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

......well.....they changed the law recently.....now, you must stop at
any road from the right and then look....if you bump into anyone from
the right for whatever reason, then its your
fault......except......nothing has really changed, you never know if
people will stop or not, so do some dont.
So if you want to avoid an accident you stop. This leads to the
inevitable 4 directions of traffic all looking at each other and
continues to lead to accidents.

Its not rocket science, draw a white line on the road (yes, some roads
do have them here !) and people pay attention.