Old February 1st, 2009, 12:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Tom P[_4_]

Default Number of traffic fatalities in Belgium dropped spectacularlylast year

Mike Lane wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 19:24:48 +0000, Lord Taylor of Blackburn wrote
(in article
):

indeed, driving is not their strong point, and they still persist with
priority to the right ********.....just paint a white line on the
road !

Could you explain that for the benefit of ignoramuses please?

When I started driving in France a few years ago I was petrified of the
"priorité a droit". This, as I discovered has been largely abandoned in
France, and when it's in force it is clearly signed. What is the situation in
Belgium?

It's the rule in several countries in the absence of other road
markings, most commonly in quiet residential areas. Here in Germany I
can show you a dozen road crossings within 2km of my home where priority
from the right is the rule.
So, if you think that priority from the right doesn't exist, you are
just indulging in wishful thinking.
T.