Old February 23rd, 2010, 05:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_6_]

Default Victoria and Butchart Gardens

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:53:41 -0800, "Island Grampa"
wrote:

"Marcia R." wrote in message

Thanks John. I did call Princess this morning, although I didn't get too
much info. They can't tell me yet where the Victoria Shuttle drops us off
until we're on the ship apparently. I have no clue what "in town" means.
My only concern is that we chose that option over a sightseeing tour only
to find out all the shops are closed. Hopefully, we can make that
decision on board without all of our choices sold out. I do agree about
the gardens, though...not really being a flower/nature kind of girl. It
just seemed like a good idea at first.

Marcia

Hi Marsha

We live near Victoria and always get annual passes to Butchart Gardens. It
is a wonderful show at any time of year! The only thing we haven't seen is
the fireworks night (it costs extra for pass members).

What time of day do you have in Victoria, and what day of the week? There
is lots of "stuff" to do, and most of the shops stay open late when there
are cruise ships in.

If you're fit and like walking you can walk into town in about 20 minutes.
There is a good Tourist Information place just up the road past the Empress
Hotel. They would have information about what attractions are available, at
that time of day. The Royal British Columbia Museum, Undersea Gardens,
Miniature World and the Wax Museum are all within a couple of blocks of the
Harbor. I don't know what their hours are, but I'm sure the information
place would have that.

Enjoy our Capital city, whatever you decide to do!!

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Tobie, I was jealous when it was "an island in the Pacific" Now that I
know which island it is insane jealousy! You have such a lovely place
to call home. We are watching the Olympics and everytime they play the
BC ad I want to cry because I am not there.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com