Old July 30th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Juliana L Holm

Default Clueless first-timer needs advice about cruises please

In rec.travel.cruises Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Juliana L Holm wrote:

However, if you truly want to wear shorts in the dining room every night,
then I have to heavily recommend Norwegian Cruise Lines. They will accept
this, you will be able to eat anywhere at any time.

I know about Freestyle Dining, but never knew that you could wear shorts
in the dining rooms on NCL.

They advertise Freestyle including wearing whatever you like to dinner. Like I
said some of the dining rooms enforce a dress code (always filled by a polo and
pair of slacks at the most picky) but there is invariably another dining room
with the same menu that will let you in. Their upscale restaurant, Le Bistro,
will require slacks, also.

In my two NCL Cruises I frequently saw shorts in the formal dining rooms. I
won't wear them, but I have seen them. They don't bother me.

--
Julie