Old May 24th, 2006, 09:25 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Antwerp, Belgium: The RACISM CAPITAL of EUROPE

On Mon, 22 May 2006 21:20:42 +0800, "riverman"
wrote:

BIG SNIP...
I think Joseph Kabila is actually much more
of a pacifist and peacenik, and less of a kleptocrat than either of his two
predecessors. I think another 4-5 years of his cooperative rule, followed by
a more professional and legitimate politician with worldwide connections
might actually show the Congolese the path to the future. I think the vast
majority of the people feel the same way, even folks in the outer provinces,
so they will support the results and not fall in behind any
counterrevolutionary movement.

--riverman

I hope you're right, and as we know, time wil tell. In the meantime
I'm preparing to go to Likasi again sometime next month. Many of the
mines there are feeling a bit "endangered" at the moment, and have
reviewed their security situation and decided that their radio systems
might not be up to scratch, so I've been quite busy.

Marc