Old December 22nd, 2006, 09:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default St. Maarten's -- What to do?

In article , USguy
wrote:

What does Pinel Island have to offer?

There are a couple of bars and you can rent chairs. There is
snorkeling. But the main feature is that it is fairly deserted since
you have to take a taxi to Cul de Sac, and a boat to the island. The
island is in Orient Bay.

Orient Beach is also a great place to go. That beach does not require a
boat ride. Orient Beach is a popular beach with lots of bars and
restaurants. That is where I usually go on St. Maartin when I am not on
a cruise with Tom. If you go to Orient Beach I recommend telling the
Taxi driver to drop you off at either the Kakao Beach bar or Bikini
Beach bar. Those two are next to each other on a nice part of the beach
and you can rent chairs and umbrellas, plus they have beach wait
service.

--
Charles