Old October 1st, 2009, 03:12 AM posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default how to drive from Bronx to Manhattan First Avenue

On Sep 30, 12:14*pm, Ken Blake
wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:39:13 -0700 (PDT), " wrote:
Depending on the circumstances, going cross town can be surprisingly
challenging. *If you have luggage, you probably will want to take a
cab rather than walking or taking a city bus. *If I were going
somewhere on Park Avenue close to Grand Central Terminal, I would
choose the train over the Greyhound bus even it it did cost more.

I wouldn't. Besides its being an easy walk, if you didn't want to
walk, the cost of the Greyhound bus plus a taxi is almost certainly
considerably less expensive than the train which he said costs twice
as much as the bus.

I have been on Greyhound buses, and I have taken commuter trains into
GCT (althouh it was on the Hudson line and not the New Haven line). I
was also factoring in the more pleasant experience and more timely
arrivals/departures on the train. To me, it is money well spent. If I
were encumbered by luggage, I would not consider it an easy walk from
the bus terminal to either Park or First.