Old May 19th, 2006, 12:19 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,fj.life.in-japan,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.thai

Default Japan Sucked, but not the people.

Apud skeptic (fj.life.in-japan) hoc legimus:

So shopping malls in Hong Kong have signs in English telling people what to
do, but Japanese scream about "imperialism" and refuse to have them. It's
interesting.

Funny. I've been in and out of Japan about 10 times in the last 25
years, racking up a total of over 12 months there, and apart from
the odd youth in a black uniform, I've never heard anyone screaming
about "imperialism". What's more, I see a lot of signs in English
(often hilariously broken) telling people what to do.

--
Jim Breen http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,