Old May 23rd, 2010, 10:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
aquachimp

Default They're at it in Crete too.

On May 22, 11:52*pm, "JohnT" wrote:
"aquachimp" wrote in message

On May 22, 7:05 pm, Martin wrote:
On 22/05/10 18:43, Andy Pandy wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in
. uk...
Andy Pandy wrote:

"aquachimp" wrote in message
Oddly enough, there's not much mention about this kind of thing
here.
Or does it go by another name.

I suspect it's never mentioned here because most people who post
here
are independant travellers who don't go on "beach" holidays or to
typical package holiday destinations where these scum operate.

Never bumped into them myself, certainly. Maybe I just look as if
I'm
skint?

They're looking for "couples", and although you may travel as a couple
I guess you might not be obviously identifiable as such ;-)

They look for gullible suckers.

Nah, that doesn't quite work either because they clearly avoid locals
and there's bound to be a few gullible suckers in every community and
not necessarily ones that are part of a couple.
If you turn over stones in search of slugs, it's not the stones you're
looking for.
So if you turn over gullible suckers, it's *their money you're after,
so here "couples" represent location, "gullible suckers" are stones
and their money is what you're looking for.

I have a bridge for sale at a very reasonable price!
--
JohnT

ta, but I have no need of a bridge be it dental or otherwise, apart
from which, even if I were on the look out for such an item, I might
not find the design, structure, or dimensions suit, and even though
such factors might be prone to being over-looked for the "right
price", failure on you part to provide any actual information on that
aspect would lead to you and your offer being dismissed outright.

So your only real chance is to sell, not through price, design or even
service but select potential buyers by removing them from their
immediate environment of fun and freedom to a quite isolated place,
where, through the pretence of rigorous checks and procedures and
constant chaperoning , you establish your "authority" in the
relationship and then with constant delays, and employing tedium akin
to the form of torture which uses just one drop of water at the time,
along with an invented established hierarchy that no one can function
independently from, they become slowly and effectively denied any form
of refreshment and even the freedom to converse privately. Then add
some downright lies and and generally wear them down in order to
convert them into potential buyers and only then might you be in with
a chance; But again, the "reasonable price" will not be a factor;