Old November 30th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Graham Harrison

Default Transferring from London Heathrow to Dover.

www.gobycoach.com will give you the times of Greyhound equivalents. It is
advisable to book in advance.
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/planmy...y_requirements.
asp will give you train times (but be aware that even on the details page it
treats the journey from Heathrow to the train station in London as a single
journey when, in reality, you have to use more than one Underground train).
You don't need to book in advance, buy a tube ticket into London and then a
separate ticket to Dover at the station in London.
www.yell.co.uk is our on line yellow pages and a search for "TAXIS & PRIVATE
HIRE VEHICLES" in Dover will yield a list of such companies. I don't live
in Dover but I do use my local taxis to meet me at Heathrow regularly and
they all have agreed meeting places or, if you ask them, will come into the
terminal and stand with your name on a notice at a point where you will see
them when you exit customs. Book in advance.

I would not recommend using a London cab (which you will find waiting
outside the terminal) for the journey to Dover, I suspect it would be a
fearsomely expensive experience. However, using one to get to the London
train station might be an option.

--
*****
*****The "return to" address embedded in this mail is wrong as an antispam