Old December 23rd, 2006, 02:32 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl

Default Top 10 of Bangalore

SB wrote:

Hi there!

I'll be brief and to the point. I am a European travelling to
Bangalore India. I would like a list of the top 10 attractions and
things to see in the city. I will be going there on January 1 and I
will be there for 4 weeks.

Also, any other helpful advice / tips on the city would be much
appreciated!

It would help to know what you're interested in ... nature, history,
architecture, religion? Any guide (LP, Rough Guide, etc.) would give
you a top 10 list that probably includes Lal Bagh, Tipu Sultan's
palace, the Vidana Soudha complex, Cubbon Park, horse racing, and
several eateries like the Mavalli Tiffin Rooms and Koshy's.

There's not a lot in Bangalore proper - it's basically a working
garrison town that's become an IT hub - which is why I assume you're
there for four weeks. Outside there's Mysore, Hampi, Ooty, and, further
afield, Coorg and Kerala - all much lusher and more interesting.

The weather should be nice, though.

Cheers,
George W. Russell
Bangalore