Old November 20th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Go Fig

In article , Miguel Cruz
wrote:

chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn
wrote:
I've had a look at the results on different printers in shops,
especially ones that gear themselves specifically towards printing
direct from camera, and the quality doesn't seem much better.

Many of the shops just have inkjet printers like you might have at home. For
really good results you have to use the online places that send you the
prints by post - the stuff they do is indistinguishable from film prints if
your image resolution is sufficient.

I'm VERY satisfied with the service I get from Kodak via Mac's iPhoto
(the most elegant digital library I've seen). I always get it via the
mail in 2 days... cost about $3 on most shipments.

I wonder what the results will be with my new Sony that I will be
getting shortly, it that has: RAW (no compression), whatever that turns
out to be... I kinda think I'm still going to need to convert it to a
jpeg for processing...

jay
Sat Nov 20, 2004

There are a few large shops that have this equipment, but it's expensive so
not every little corner pharmacy will bother.

miguel