Old November 30th, 2004, 02:29 PM

On 30-Nov-2004, (Kenny Mims) wrote:

My hotel reservation was never confirmed.
I even called the hotel and there was no record of any reservation.
I was unable to find any record of my reservation on the Travelocity
website.

Several frustrating calls and endless on-hold minutes later, I was
informed
that the reservation was made " on line" , so it couldn't be cancelled.

I am having to do a credit card dispute.

For what it's worth, the staff at Travelocity is a bunch of raving
assholes.

You probably paid for the hotel stay through Hotels.com (or another pre-paid
hotel deal from somewhere else) and it was not just a reservation.
If you read the terms and conditions of the low cost Hotels.com hotel deals,
you pay upfront and you cannot get all of your money back.

I've been very happy with Hotels.com and their services over the years, but
you have to read the fine print and know what you are buying.