Old March 26th, 2004, 08:22 PM
erilar

Default Car Free europe

In article ,
wrote:

Following up to Michael Gallagher

London is pretty bad, too, IIRC. Parking was also rough in Brighton,
too; the motorways had some pretty heavy traffic. So anyone who
thinks Europe is a carless paradise needs to have his or her head
examined.

the poster does need his head examined but I think his belief is
probably that "car free"= end of world and we are all supposed to
respond by shrieking "oh no".What I cant understand is having
failed, he keeps doing it in increasingly loony form?

I'm confused by both posts. I have yet to visit London, which is not a
city that interests me, but to me "car free" would seem to indicate
traveling without being burdened by a car. In the US, there isn't enough
public transportation to get much of anywhere without one, but one of
the things I enjoy about Europe is that I can be "car free" there and
still get almost to and about any place that interests me.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver(aka erilar)
There is no such thing as too many books. Bookshelves, on the other hand . . .

Erilar's Cave Annex:
http://www.airstreamcomm.net/~erilarlo