Old December 29th, 2005, 04:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Review of Explorer of the Seas Western Route - Long

In article .com,
RJQMAN wrote:

I had hoped to have dinner in Portofino's (the extra-cost Italian
Restaurant), but there was nothing on that menu that even looked
remotely appetizing to me. I find Carnival, Princess, and Holland
American to have much more appetizing food choices for my
middle-American steak and potatoes tastes.

You should have done the other one onboard---Chops.

The third night was Marty Allen and his wife. A funny, clean
comedian - a dying breed. They were great.

Egads, those two are still an act on cruise ships!!! I remember them on
Grand Princess a few years ago.

It is less art-deco than many of the Carnival ships,

I must advise you that Carnival ships are not art-deco. They are
art-less-ness gone mad. They are not even close to art-deco. Art-deco
is a very tastefull and elegant style.

Thank you for the review.

--
Charles