Old January 10th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Hans-Georg Michna

Default Big Cat Diary

Ned,

thanks a lot for the good info! I don't have a satellite
receiver or cable TV though. We watch only very, very little TV
here. (I don't actually believe it's a good thing to do, most of
the time.)

I'm observing the digital TV and HDTV development with interest
though. Perhaps I'll change my mind one day.

I can watch terrestrial (antenna) TV on my home cinema's 2.50 m
wide screen if I like, and I occasionally do that. But more
often DVD is the source.

On the other hand, a satellite receiver would be a one-time
investment.

Hans-Georg

Ned Abell wrote:

In article ,
Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

Can't see the series, unfortunately, but it will probably be
shown in Germany at some later time.

Hans-Georg,
BBC radio and TV programmes are now broadcast in the clear (no
card needed) from the Astra digital satellites at 28.2 degrees
east. I get them in Western France.

If you have an existing digital satellite receiver you are
probably getting all the German channels from Astra1 at 19
degrees east.
All you need is an "H to H" mount (horizon to horizon) that sits
behind your satellite dish and moves it to look at other
satellites.
The beauty of this system is you get all the free channels that
your dish can pick up from many satellites. I use my system to
try to learn languages.

If you haven't got digital satellite there are some very
inexpensive systems available via a "Google" as well as
comprehensive listings of all the available programmes at
www.satmania.com

I'm sitting here in the UK listening to Jazz Radio from Berlin...
:-)

HTH

--
No mail, please.