Old May 2nd, 2004, 08:04 AM
tim

Default Interrail Supplements Germany

"David Eerdmans" wrote in message
news:01c42fd1$39cb1f60$9600000a@computer...

Siebrand Tilma wrote in article

How did you get this information? Did you contact all the companies,
or is there a list somewhere? I would be nice to know where my
Interrail pass is valid, for future trips to Germany.

Indeed. I always found it amazing that you can buy a pass without anyone
telling you where it's valid. :-/

I think that this is the difference between theory and practice.

In theory there is a list (I was given one once) available to
purchasors of the card.

In practice the ticket sellers don't a have a supply of this list
to give to purchasors.

In my (limited) observation, I think that most "new" transport companies,
who took over the transport from DB Regio after a bidding process, often
accept InterRail (and DB tariffs); while "old" private railways often do
not. But I'm not sure wether this observation true fro all Germany.

This was my observation to. It seems to match the railways that
accept Lander and Happy weekend tickets. It could be that this
is an obligation of taking over those contracts. Not working this
way would would lead to anomalies where the 'privatised'
companies share tracks and routes with DB.

tim

Regards,
David