Old July 15th, 2006, 08:12 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Stan de SD

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

"Bailey Legull" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dave Frightens Me wrote:
At least they can always pretend everyone envies them.

I'm constantly astonished by the stupidity of American workers. They
work 50-hour weeks, get two weeks paid vacation, and still cheer when
the boss tells them to. "This is the greatest country in the world!"
they yell. "We're not like those stupid French!"

All this without realizing the French work 35 hours a week, get three
weeks off per year, and take two hours off at lunch to DRINK. Yeah,
that's stupid all right. America *is* Number One -- in hours worked
per person per week.

I don't recall America having double-digit unemployment rates like France,
or having rioting foreigners burning up cars on a regular basis.