Old October 5th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Arnoud Quanjer

Michael Kilpatrick wrote:
On the recent trip, I didn't list the items for re-export and was mildly
rebuked for not doing so - but not required to alter the form.
I'm curious as to what the real requirement is. Does anyone out there

know?

Michael,

As you know I've done a number of trips to South Africa over the past couple
of years. Custom officials have never asked me any questions about my photo
equipment on entry, or exit, from South Africa. I guess you met a customs
official who took his/her job a bit too seriously, or I've just been very
lucky in the past.

Cheers,

Arnoud