Old September 23rd, 2011, 11:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Old Sarge[_3_]

Default Carnival Liberty - Cruise From Hell

On 9/14/2011 6:58 AM, Charles wrote:
In , nospam
wrote:

Now I want people to tell me I'm nuts and am just a complainer. I paid for
an upgrade from deck 6 to deck 8. Well my cabin #8319 was located mid ship
right below the Lido deck where people sit in regular chairs at regular
tables.

It is a good idea to check the deck plans to avoid locations like below
the Lido or Dining rooms. Why was cabin #8319 supposed to be an upgrade
over the cabin on deck 6? Also did you use a travel agent?

Charles you know I've been around here for a long time. I usually do
not post unless I'm about to cruise or have completed one. Many people
have responded and a lot have been negative and not helpful to me at
all. All of those can kiss my ass. Now constructive advice is most
welcome. I did check the deck plans on the Carnival site, however, in
that I used a vacation planning company we deal with every year, I
didn't find a need to question them on the cabin location. It was
mid-ships and that was what I wanted. NOBODY expects to have constant
noise above them during the entire cruise, even if a deck plan is
reviewed. The best is to look at cruise reviews, which I did and only
one person was in the exact cabin I was in and they also said it was
noisy. Therefore cabin 8319 was an upgrade for two reasons. It was two
decks higher and mid-ships.

You can bet my next cruise experience will be different.

Where in the hell did all of these nay sayers come from? All of those
experienced cruisers so quick to diss you for your complaints? I'm open
to responses if they provide me with tools to make my next cruise
selection better. Needless to say, Carnival is low on my next cruise list.

--
**U.S. Army Retired - USPS Retired**
**Degreed in CS, BS, HBS**