Old October 19th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Mason Barge

Default Nice Ugly Americans

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:33:49 +0100, Reidİ
wrote:

Following up to Gregory Morrow

These are not wealthy louche
Eurotrash types, just yer average well - educated and hard - working
professional types....

they are "average" europeans who prefer to live in
america..........

Nah, nobody (well almost nobody) is going to call a European living in
the US "Eurotrash" if they have a job. As I understand the word, it
is also applied to persons living as playboys in Europe.

I think people both from the US and Europe often travel a long
distance from home to sow their wild oats. I remember someone telling
me that English girls used to travel to Italy to lose their virginity.

Anyway, young people with money who want to spend all their time and
energy clubbing, gambling, doing drugs, having sex with large numbers
of inappropriate people, etc., have a lot of valid reasons to distance
themselves from their parents and friends.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln