Old January 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 132

Default Lake Garda

No answers to the guy's plea, just OT chitchat

"Irwell" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:18:33 +0000, Mike Lane wrote:

Surreyman wrote on Jan 6, 2012:

Any views, please, on the best centre on Lake Garda in which to stay
for 2 weeks, regarding:

Good resort in itself re restaurants, cafe life, scenic, local
architecture etc.
Good centre for Lake Garda ferries/transportation
Good centre for public transport re other lakes, Verona etc.

Beware Lake Garda on the Whitsun week-end. We were held up for about 3
hours
on the autostrade going past on our way to Venice a couple of years ago.
There were many miles of virtually stationary German camper vans,
nose-to-tail on the motorway, all turning off to the Lake.

Also avoid the Sunday when they have the Marathon race.