Old June 5th, 2012, 01:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Default Beware - Visa Only "allowed" 50 Euro from ATM in Germany

Martin wrote:

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 15:23:59 +0800, "Gerrit" wrote:

[]
I have two credit cards. One of them I load up with cash before leaving home
and so can use it as a debit card. The other I use for normal transactions.
Works for me.
I hope this 50 Euro limit is not applicable in the Netherlands or in Canada

It certainly doesn't apply to UK.

It seems a bit of a moveable feast in various countries. As I have a
pretty good value euro card, but with a ¤1.50 fee, I like to take out
large amounts when I travel. ATMs I tried in Spain limited me to ¤300 a
day, but other countries have been higher (and I haven't encountered one
lower, at least in euro-land.)

David

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)