Old August 26th, 2009, 12:42 AM posted to nyc.transit,rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

Default Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 02:32:42 -0700, SMS
wrote:

Very bad idea what you're trying to do. Between the cost of the transit,
and the amount of time it takes, you won't save much, if any, money.
Also, when visiting Manhattan, it's often the case that you want to go
back to the hotel in the middle of the day, take a rest, then go back
out at night. If you have to travel back to Queens or NJ, you won't do that.

And depending on what they want to do in the evening, they might want
to shower and change although I was surprised by what people wore to
Broadway shows even on Sat. evenings.
The standard of dress seems to be declining rapidly. It had been a
couple of years since we had stayed in Manhattan.