Old February 3rd, 2004, 12:22 AM
Oopsdaisy2

Default Americans panicking again..................

Subject: Americans panicking again..................
From: Dave Proctor
Date: 2/2/2004 11:11 AM

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:16:08 GMT,
(The News
Guy(Mike)) wrote:

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 07:28:40 +0100, "Sjoerd"
wrote:

Abdellah Abbassi, left his carry-on bag behind

In light of world events it sounds like a reasonable precaution to me.

Of course, as would a search of the bag to ensure there was no
hazardous material in it. Once it was verified that there was no
hazardous material, they should have been allowed to continue. The
PIC's action of ordering the rest of the party off the plane was
completely over the top though, and is yet another example of yank
over-reaction - again.

Dave

"Yank over-reaction"? This is nothing new....its been going on for the last
20+ years I have travelled....and "Yanks" certainly don't have a corner on the
market. For many years luggage lockers in train stations and airports were left
empty throughout Europe for fear of terrorism. Seems the "Yanks" may have
leanred their tactics from watching Europe. Try the same stunt in any part
locale ETA is active in Spain.....anywhere in Eastern Europe.....Asia.....S & C
American.....and you will get identical "over-reaction."