Old August 16th, 2006, 07:32 AM posted to alt.california,rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_1_]

Default America travel pointers

On 8/15/2006 1:05 PM ROD wrote:
My little sis is travelling to American in a few weeks with her mates and
they are doing it on the cheap. Mostly California. Mostly hostels. Maybe
hitchhiking (sounds a bit dodgy). Maybe backpacking. Eating cheaply. I want
to ensure she is safe and is careful. Apart from going with her, anyone
have tips for me to share. She won't listen but I can plant a seed of some
sort.
Cheers, ROD

I agree with everyone. No Hitchhiking. There is a television program
on many of our PBS (Public Broadcasting System). It's mainly geared for
the backpacker and outdoor adventure traveler. It's called "Globe
Trekker". They have a web site which features information about the
shows. It also features a destination guide...tips on hostels and
inexpensive places to stay, eat and get around. I am including the link
of the destination guide for North America. While it isn't exhaustive,
your sister may find the info useful.
http://www.pilotguides.com/destinati...north_america/

--
________