Old January 16th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Tosser

Default How US helped Iraq build deadly arsenal

"matt weber" wrote in message

They certainly went about acquiring the technology to build such an
arsenal, and the kindest words I can say are the US Government at
least tacitly approved of what was going on by issuing validated
export licenses for the transactions. I know because was involved in
several of them, I guess the only saving grace, is it was the
Kuwaiti's who actually sold the gear. I sourced it for the Kuwaiti's
in the USA, and obtained the required export licenses that showed the
Ultimate Consignee as the National Engineering Center at the
University of Baghdad...

Well, don't keep us on the edge of our seats, Matt.

What was the purpose of the gear? Centrifuges?