Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:53 PM posted to soc.retirement,alt.politics.libertarian,sci.econ,alt.politics.economics,rec.travel.europe
Bret Cahill[_3_]

Default Live Fast Food & Leave An Obese Cadaver

The Myth Related to *Americans' Poor Life Expectancy

'It’s one of the most oft-repeated justifications for socialized
medicine: Americans spend more money than other developed countries on
health care, but don’t live as long. If we would just hop on the
European health-care bandwagon, we’d live longer and healthier lives.
The only problem is it’s not true....

...Life expectancy is an appealingly simplistic, but deeply flawed,
way to think about the quality of a country’s health-care system.
After all, shouldn’t good health care make you live longer? Well, yes,
but.

But, but but. Just admit it. You want to argue that Americans should
live fast food and leave an obese cadaver.

The problem, of course, is that there are many factors that
affect life expectancy...."

The biggest one being low tax rates. This should not be surprising to
anyone who has read the greats of the Enlightenment.

As the "celebrated Montesquieu" wrote, freedom and taxation are
entirely correlative. As Thomas Jefferson wrote, "no liberty, no
life."

From the above 2 Enlightenment philosophers there is only one
conclusion:

Low taxes = low freedom = short live spans.

Bret Cahill