Old November 23rd, 2003, 07:59 PM
JamesStep

Default Disney World (Honeymoon) for UK couple

We have no children

You might want to check your library or bookstore for one
of the books written for adults visiting Disney World without
kids, such as "Birnbaum's Walt Disney World Without Kids".

A little advanced planning can be very helpful when visiting
Disney World. And if you are newlyweds, you'd want to know
which restaurants are the most romantic, what are the
best spots for nightlife, etc.

Not necessarily going August

I woulnd't go in August unless you really like hot, humid weather.

Probably stay in a Disney Hotel

The hotels are overpriced, but are nicely-themed and are very
convenient. It's especially nice to be able to return to your
hotel after lunch to take a break or to cool down in the pool
if the weather is hot.

May stay 2-3 weeks

There are 4 parks inside Disneyworld -- The Magic Kingdom,
EPCOT, MGM/Disney Studios, and Animal Kingdom. If you
want to visit all 4, you'd probably want to spend at least
1 day at each (although you could probably do Animal Kingdom
in less).

But you're not going to see everything in the Magic Kingdom
or EPCOT in 1 day apiece, especially if it's crowded. You could
easily spend 2 or 3 days in each if you really liked them and
wanted a more leisurely pace.

(In addition to the 4 main parks, they also some secondary
areas like water parks, Downtown Disney (shops, nightspots,
etc.), golf courses, and some other areas that may or may
not be of interest to you.)

But unless you're a major, major Disney fan, I don't think
you'd want to spend 2-3 weeks there. Maybe 4 days at Disney
(perhaps a week if you really like it), then the rest of your
time at the other attractions in the area such as NASA,
Universal Studios, the beaches, etc.

You might also want to consider a short cruise while you're
there, if your budget can take it. Disney offers some
package deals for people who want to visit the park and
also take a cruise on their cruise ships. (disneycruise.com)

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-