Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:28 PM
Nige

"Kevin" wrote in message

"P.L.Guillemin" wrote in message
news:427681ea$0$11696$

If you want something better on that route, travel Talgo III + Talgo 7
(Altaria), via Pamplona. Won't be faster, but accommodation will be
better,
albeit deerer...

Talgo 530:

San Sebastian: 10.45
Pampluna: 12.32

EUR 13.5 in Turista and EUR 17.5 in Preferente (little difference in
accommodation)

(Or take the 10.00 Coach of Continental Auto, arriving at Pamplona at
11.45,
for EUR 5.6...)

Altaria 607:

Pampluna: 14.50
Madrid-Atocha: 18.38
EUR 46.5 in Turista and EUR 71.5 in Preferente. Both classes are very
comfortable, but Preferente features 2+1 seating, with catering, press,
VIP
lounges...

This service runs in part on the Madrid-Lerida HSL, at 200km/h-125mph.

Best regards

Phil

We would then be stuck in Pamplona since there is no train out of Pamplona
to San Sebastian until 18:30 and we would not get into town in time to
pick up our rental car before the rental office closes.

The only possible advantage would be if we could stop in Pamplona and
reserve a balcony rental for San Fermin in advance of the arrival of the
crowds, take the train out that evening then drive back to Pamplona a few
days later for San Fermin.

But who was suggesting taking a train from Pamplona? Surely a bus would be
better ? they are regular and take about one hour costs 5.79
But can you give precise details of your rental car? And address you wish to
collect from as well as time office closes .