Old September 18th, 2005, 06:47 AM
JohnM

In article . net, k
writes
Where do you come up with this hearsay crap, and why do you keep posting it?

This is from the official UK site (Richard, one of your published links
is broken). www.fco.gov.uk Mexico.

"Street crime is on the increase. You should dress down and avoid
wearing expensive jewellery or watches. You should be particularly alert
on public transport, at airports, bus stations and tourist sites.
Passengers have been robbed and/or assaulted by unlicenced taxi drivers,
particularly in Mexico City. At airports, use only authorised prepaid
airport taxi services. In Mexico City, use better regulated 'sitio'
taxis from authorised cab ranks."

It's in line with what Richard posted and yes, I apologise for that
'unlicenced' with a 'c' but I cut and pasted. It is not UK English, it
is simply wrong - it should be 'unlicensed' %-)

--
JohnM
Author of Brazil: Life, Blood, Soul &