Old November 19th, 2003, 05:43 PM
SportChick

Default International driver's license

That's not true. We are from the US and had to show our international
permits. You DO e to carry your US license too, or the international permit
isn't valid.
"Dave Proctor" wrote in message
news
Whilst undoubtedly under the effects of alcohol, "Born To Hula"
wrote:

Does one need to have an International Driver's License when one rents a

car
in New Zealand.
I do have a Dutch driver's license.

There is no such thing as an "International Drivers License" - there
is an "International Driving Permit", which serves to translate the
details of your license if it is not in English. You will need to
carry your actual license with you, the Permit by itself is not
enough.

Generally, if your license is in English, and I think all EU licenses
are these days, that is all you will need to drive in New Zealand (and
Australia as well).

=========

Dave

Don't Drink Drive....