Old September 16th, 2009, 12:10 PM posted to rec.travel.misc
Danielle

Default I need some cheap travel advice

This may or may not be the place to ask,but what the heck, I have
nothing to lose.I have a friend, well actually someone I met online in
Canada, that is part of a travel group. And he said that besides
getting great discounts, like even cheaper than the online companies,
he said, he got a 7 day 6 night vacation in any 5 star hotel in the
world, with return airfare, I think that means he had to pay to get
where ever he was going. But here's my question, he said that he got
that because he referred two people to join the travel club. Kind of
like I got a free student visa for referring some ex-pats to a
language school. He said that he got the tickets for referring two
people. Has anybody ever heard of anything like this. I live in
Thailand, and don't have the money to travel half way around the world
to see my parents, so i'm kinda desperate at this point. Well if
anybody has any ideas, please share them, in the mean time, if anyone
needs infor about living in Thailand, I might be able to offer some
advice as to the culture or teaching etc. Sawasdii ka (Thai greeting)
Danielle