Old October 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_2_]

Default Prague or Monaco for a flying visit...

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 19:22:29 +1100, "]v[etaphoid"
wrote:

Hey campers,

I stayed up last night taking advantage of some dirt-cheap offers from Qatar
Airways to fly to Europe for the equivalent of $900 US. By local standards,
that's about half what it cost and gives me a great opportunity to take
advantage of a $5,000 cruise voucher I won from Princess Cruises while I'm
over there.

Long story short, I've got 6 days to kill in Europe before the cruise
departs Rome. I've narrowed my choices to two options;

a) Fly into Nice in Southern France, spend a couple of days in Monaco,
before spending 3-4 days driving down the west coast of Italy through
Genova/ Pisa and the rest of the Italian xxx coast before arriving in Rome.

b) Fly into Prague, spend two-three days there before another flight into
Rome where we could spend a bit more time seeing the sites of Roma, if not
anywhere else in Italy.

We've already done the UK and France, so really want to experience a
different side of Europe. Would love to hear thoughts from any seasoned
travellers.

Three points:

1. I like Prague a lot.

2. I like Nice even more than Prague, and if it were me going to the
Riviera I would choose to stay in Nice rather than Monaco. I like
Monaco less than either Nice or Prague.

3. I like Rome even more than all the places above. There is a lot to
see and do in Rome, and with only six days, I would choose to spend it
all in Rome. You will only begin to see it all.

--
Ken Blake